Generac, the leading provider of backup power, recommends your generator is serviced every 6 months.
A Plus Air Systems is always there for you, if you need further help you can contact us anytime, 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Toronto Head Office: (416) 213-0303
For your generator to operate in optimal and efficient conditions, you must inspect and verify the following:
- Verify your generator is not placed in the path of an irrigation system, downspouts, or positioned underneath an eve without a gutter.
- Your generator should have a clearance of 18″ from the back and 36″ on each side of the generator.
- The unit’s mounting surface should be in good condition meaning it has no cracks, it is stable, level, free from debris, etc.
- The surrounding area should be free from excess water, mud, eroded landscape, and water marks on enclosure.
- Inside and outside the enclosure should be free from any foreign material or debris.
- The intake and exhaust vents on the sides of the generator should be clean and free of any debris.
- The control panel fuse should not be burned or opened.
- The battery terminals should be firmly connected and clean.
- The fuel system components should all be free of any corrosion or damage.
- Fuel system fittings should be tight and free of any leaks.
- The entire fuel system should be clear of any corrosion. This corrosion could occur due to improper installation, and lack of proper maintenance.
- Similar to a car engine, the engine oil level should be regularly checked and made sure to be sufficient.
- The air filter needs to be inspected to see if a replacement is required.
Call A Plus Air Systems to schedule a generator maintenance and avoid any issues before they happen.
Toronto Office: (416) 213-0303
installation, service, maintenance
Check out our work
We install both residential and commercial natural gas and liquid propane stand-by generators. We have lots of experience installing, servicing, and maintaining liquid and air cooled generators.